Citizenship in Canada: Meaningful Involvement
Active Citizenship means Meaningful Involvement
Canadian Millennials’ perspective on active citizenship comes down to two words: meaningful involvement. To Millennials, this means being civic minded:
- – participating in their community
- – voting
- – getting involved when help is needed
- – volunteering their time
- – companies getting involved
- – companies helping on social issues
- – companies fulfilling their social responsibilities in a way that people can see the connection.
Today’s challenges are our responsibilities’
Canadian Millennials appreciate their role in their community and the impact they can make locally and globally. They understand the challenges they are inheriting and their responsibility for taking on those challenges. They see business as a partner who needs to share this responsibility and collaborate on meeting challenges. Canadian Millennials know they have influence and are prepared to use it to drive change.